Friday, October 6, 2017

Before the dark times.


For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic, before the dark times...


Although the Toronto Saber battle has been going on for sometime now I only discovered it three years ago, or maybe I only built up the nerve to attend for the first time three years ago.

My first year attending involved myself and my then nine year old son and it was fantastic!  Being surrounded by like-minded fans who, armed with glowing swords, helped brighten the dark night sky with fun, enthusiasm and laughter.  

It was a evening that words can barely hope to describe.

Come the following October, having listened to my son and I sing its praises for a year, my wife and my eldest son decided to join in on the fun for the 2016 Toronto Glow Sword Battle!  And once again, by the time the evening had come to an end we were all talking about how we couldn't wait for next years event.

Fortunately that time has once again arrived with Saber Battle 2017 taking place tomorrow night, Saturday October 7th, at Toronto's Nathan Phillips Square.  Unfortunately this will also be a sobering event with the organizers announcement that this will be the final Saber Battle in Toronto.

From a fan who has enjoyed each of these events, thank you to newmindspace for all your hard work and effort in bringing a community of fans together to celebrate their shared love of Star Wars. Much like the warriors who have helped to brighten the October night sky, you have in some way brightened the lives of all those fortunate enough to participate in this gathering.

On behalf of the small team that makes up CanGeek.com, I can't recommend enough that if your reading this, you make the effort to go out and get involved in tomorrow night's event. As it draws to a close it will be sad, like saying a final goodbye to an old friend, but I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment